Friday, June 5, 2015

Oh No...It Is Post Office Flag Etiquette Again...

June 5, 2015-Friday-This would be my fifth ranting on the subject of proper "Post Office Flag Etiquette," since my first rant was posted in July 28, 2012. My fellow Veteran buddy, whom is a retired postal worker gave me ten reasons why it is normal occurrence in the postal world. Therefore for the last year and a half, I stop checking my local post office on any National Holidays that required the flag to be flown half-staff.

This morning on my daily walk, I happened to glance at the North Beach Carrier Annex at 2200 Powell Street and noticed...
The flag is tattered! First I thought maybe I had bad eyesight, therefore I return back home and email my Veteran buddy. He gave my reason #11:
What do you expect, if flag flown 24 hours/365 days among sunny, rainy & windy conditions!


My Veteran buddy claims that station have no permanent Manager in charge, currently staffed by Supervisor. He said the San Francisco Postmaster & District Manager are "Patronage Appointees," meaning not selected on qualifications but 'whom you knows.' 

I concur with my reason #12:
The blind leading the blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment