Friday, January 2, 2015

North Beach...Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

January 1, 2015-Thursday-815 am-I cannot understand the present generation fixation of celebrating or protesting with a need to burn something. The San Francisco Giants won the 2014 World Series, the reveliers were setting bonfires in the middle of the streets down by the Mission District. One local resident told me that on his street-Chestnut Street, a group of young men celebrating so hard that they carry out a sofa from their apartment and set it on fire in the middle of the block. A fire truck was called in to put out the burning sofa. Then all those latest protests of "police brutality" in the Bay Areas and the nation, there would always be either a burning car, a burning building or the norm of a burning trash can. What happened to those days of celebrating with confetti or protesting with a sign.

This morning on my walk toward Chinatown, on the corner of Powell and Chestnut...
 
Last night in celebration of the New Year, someone or something decided it was cool to light up a few Christmas trees. The day before, New Year Eve on my morning walk I noticed two Christmas trees on the corner, awaiting for "Recology Golden Gate Christmas Tree Collection" program starting January 2, 2015.

I walked up to the next corner of Powell and Lombard...
These Christmas trees were untouched, therefore it must be a random act of too much joy and drinking.

Unfortunately I spoke too soon, as I came upon the corner of Powell and Filbert...
Christmas trees were intentionally torched last night here too. Was this an random act or was this done by the same person/persons as the burnt trees at the corner of Chestnut St. One of the local resident that lived nearby saw me taking pictures of the burnt Christmas trees told me that it was a frighten scene here last night as a fire truck was called and she pointed to a standing puddle of water on the street corner.

On the weekend after Christmas, I noticed several Christmas trees on its side along Filbert Street. As the days passed I noticed more trees were being piled up there and someone moved the trees to the corner of Powell St.

December 29, 2014 on my morning walk...
Someone stood up all the trees that could stand up in one row. I took a picture because it remind me of a "After Christmas Trees Sale."

In my old generation, this a reminiscing of a 1967 'The Doors' song..."Light My Fire."

No comments:

Post a Comment