Sunday, July 6, 2014

Chinatown Oddities #3

July 6, 2014-Sunday-8:20 a.m.-I had an old high-school buddy, whom came down from Seattle to visit his parents during the Fourth July weekend, called me last night and wanted to join me on my morning stroll through the old neighborhood. He claims the last time he was back in the City was over eight years ago and he noticed one big difference in the neighborhood…the streets and sidewalks are littered with so much trash. On our walk along Powell Street heading toward Chinatown, we passed many of the City's street corner trash receptacles overflowing with trash on and around the container. I told him that the company-Recology, which pick-up the trash at these City's trash receptacles do not work on weekends. The second changes in the neighborhood are many of the old single families dwellings have now becomes multi-roommates dwellings, and a new trend of illegal in-laws dwellings sprung up in the area too. People would always generate some kind of garbage and if no in-house garbage container are available…pass it onto the City's corner receptacles or better yet just toss them out on the streets.

Just my luck or maybe its karma, at the corner of Vallejo and Stockton Street:
Someone decided to remolded their bathroom and decided to just toss the old toilet in the street corner.

Whomever did this was nice enough to use two large black garbage bags…one for the water tank and another for the toilet bowl.  The Central Police Station is located nearby too.

My high-school buddy was speechless until we got to the next corner of Broadway and Stockton:
Someone dump a mattress on one of the busiest corner in Chinatown. My buddy looked at me and I told him at least today we did not come across any big screen TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment