Thursday, February 24, 2011

Driving Antics #3

February 24, 2011-I have this magnetic personality or is it just a "blessing in disguise" human defect...that thing always happens when I am around!

This morning at 8:42 a.m. as I was taking my walk along Stockton Street, heading toward downtown. I was crossing Clay Street with the pedestrian crisscross controlled intersection, when just in front of me a mother with two children suddenly stopped in the intersection, because one of the children rolling school-bag wheels got struck in the numerous City's pot-holes. The mother was helping the child pull it out, and I noticed in the right corner of my eyes a van was proceeding slowing into the intersection...making a right turn from Stockton Street onto Clay Street. I decided to dilly dally on the crosswalk and the van driver honk the horn for me to clear the intersection, so the driver can complete the desired turn. I looked up and it was a "SF Paratransit" van number 723; that provide door-to-door services for wheelchair-bound seniors and individuals.
I looked at the black, female driver; which had clearly crossed the pedestrian yellow diagonal stripes crosswalk and pointed with a harsh cry: "No turn on red!"
She would had continue through but I took out my camera, and she just looked away. She is what I consider "professional drivers," which should know the rules & regulations of driving. The fine for California Vehicle Code, Section 22101 (D) No Turn On Red costs from $146 and up, depending upon localities. No problem since motorists are under the impression---where is the enforcement!

I sometimes wonder why nobody wanted to join me on my daily walks!

No comments:

Post a Comment